Rockwell Automation EDS File Import In Codesys WAGO

Hello,

These days I am trying to implement a communication via EthernetIP between a PowerFlex 525 drive and a WAGO PFC200 with EthernetIP Scanner.

After a research on the Internet I found out that, for some reason, Rockwell Automation EDS files are not compatible with the CODESYS EDS file structure

When I try to import the EDS file in CODESYS, by the way it is called E!****pit for WAGO but it is based on CODESYS, I got an error.

You can find the error in the attached file.

I imported a FANUC EDS file and it worked fine.

There is this tool EZ-EDS that is used for editing EDS files and some people say that there should not be any arrays or structures in the assemblies of the EDS file. Could this be the reason for this error?

Has anyone got this problem and what would be the procedure to fix this problem?

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

I am able to install the EDS files in CODESYS environment, and it does seem possible to configure the PowerFlex. It seems the problem is with the installation process in your specific system. The log you sent shows the text below at the beginning. The screenshot shows the successful installation of the EDS files you sent me in my system.

Wago.Frame.Services.IO.FrameIOException: The file or directory cannot be found. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified.

Edit: The resolution of the screenshot is not so good, but it shows the EDS having been correctly installed.

2023-03-31_EDS.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I contacted WAGO yesterday and they told me that the EDS file seems to reference another file which is not present. And the reference file is most likely and image file.

I am not sure if I have ever had an image file in the EDS file directory.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

Hi,

Perhaps, I will try to connect to the PowerFlex 525 drive with the Generic EthernetIP Adapter that is available in the Product Catalog.

I also tried to install all of EDS files simultaneously but I got the same error.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

Can you try installing the CODESYS engineering tool and see if you can add the device. If the CODESYS standard tool allows the installation and configuration of the EDS file as I show, then you can send Wago a complaint about their implementation of the EDS parsing component of their environment.