Rockwell Automation 1769-L36ERMS PLC LITERAL STRING

Hello Guys,
I am using 1769-L36ERMS PLC by Rockwell which doesn't let me MOV or COP literal text into string datatype? i very well know the project is did before it allowed me to pass literal text. but no this PLC. Any alternatives to this?
1709539738329.png

I don't think the 5x70 controllers support string literals - I'm guessing you used a 5x80 controller (5069-L3 or 1756-L8) on the other project.

Are you using this string multiple times or only in some states? If so, I would create a string to hold the value you want to copy, and copy from that instead.

I don't think the 5x70 controllers support string literals - I'm guessing you used a 5x80 controller (5069-L3 or 1756-L8) on the other project.

Are you using this string multiple times or only in some states? If so, I would create a string to hold the value you want to copy, and copy from that instead.
Yeah, I'm not sure why you would ever need to pass a literal string. Why not just create a new string with the value you need?

YES THERE ARE MANY STRINGS, AS OF NOW I HAVE CREATED AN ARRAY OF STRINGS AND IF I DONT FIND ANY SOLUTION THEN I HAVE TO FILL IT UP ONE BY ONE. AS I AM USING IT ON HMI BANNER TO DISPLAY WHAT STATE THE MACHINE IS IN

THANK YOU.

When I've had to populate a number of string tags with preset values, I've used 3 methods:
1) Brute force typing them in
2) A Complex Code script in a Red Lion HMI reading from its CF card and writing to the PLC
3) Advanced HMI, which can read a CSV file and write to a string array very easily

Across those methods, especially if the string tags are an array, I would use Advanced HMI. I remember having to use handshaking for the Red Lion program so it could write to a single tag and tell the PLC which part of the array to write to.

When I've had to populate a number of string tags with preset values, I've used 3 methods:
1) Brute force typing them in
2) A Complex Code script in a Red Lion HMI reading from its CF card and writing to the PLC
3) Advanced HMI, which can read a CSV file and write to a string array very easily

Across those methods, especially if the string tags are an array, I would use Advanced HMI. I remember having to use handshaking for the Red Lion program so it could write to a single tag and tell the PLC which part of the array to write to.
Been using ADVANCEDHMI for 5+ years after I lost the rslinx platinum package with excel support for string read/writes.

Best yet was the 10k download over half hour of all the alarms/warnings/sequences for all the stations on the assembly line that were independently generated in another excel spreadsheet with no line by line typing

I have got a PanelView 5310... i believe there should be a way of dynamic texts i just have to find the right way of doing it. and more suggestions are welcomed . I will try the above one mentioned and see which one works for me.

The way I've started handling alarms is to have a STRING array that contains all of the alarm texts inside the PLC. The HMI just has a simple text display. The PLC copies the alarm text to the tag that the HMI is using as the source for its text display. That way I only need to make edits to the PLC when adding/editing an alarm. I've also built some pages on the HMI that allow someone with the right password level to edit the alarm texts.
I haven't used a PV5k yet, though, so I don't know how hard that would be.

The way I've started handling alarms is to have a STRING array that contains all of the alarm texts inside the PLC. The HMI just has a simple text display. The PLC copies the alarm text to the tag that the HMI is using as the source for its text display. That way I only need to make edits to the PLC when adding/editing an alarm. I've also built some pages on the HMI that allow someone with the right password level to edit the alarm texts.
I haven't used a PV5k yet, though, so I don't know how hard that would be.
i HAD TO GIVE TEXTS AS A VALUE IN THE TAG THAT I MADE.. I HAVE DONE IT NOW . IN TOTAL I HAD TO DO 266 TAGS (COPY PASTE)... BUT I APPRECIATE AND THANKS TO ALL FOR SHARING SUGGESTIONS.