Rockwell - Generic Ethernet Module

mugged99

So Rockwell PLCs have some generic ethernet module options available in the IO tree configuration. With the standard generic ethernet module, you can define any standard user-configurable device without needing the EDS file or extra software since Rockwell creates the "devicename:C" configuration tag in the controller tags. However, when I try to do the same with a generic ethernet safety module, there is no corresponding "devicename_safety:C" tag. Does this mean it's impossible to define a safety-user-configurable device? An EDS or extra software to do the device configuration is absolutely required? As an example, a safety IO block where the IO points can be configured in different ways. Thanks.

What version are you using? This v33 has a configuration instance available for the standard connection I/O - Images attached.

1.JPG 2.JPG

v32 but yes that 'C' tag is for the standard configuration assembly. If you put up a safety generic module instead of your standard&safety generic combo module, there wont be any 'C' tag.

What's the device you're trying to connect?

If the Configuration Assembly isn't handled in the standard tag scope, and the device is intended to be configured then you may need to use MSG instructions to Get/Set Attribute of Configuration Assembly separate to the I/O connection.

Last edited: