Rockwell Intellicenter via OPC

dburnum

We are looking into installing an etherneted Intellicenter at my place of work, and using either a compact logix, or control logix platform for tag management to our OPC Server(RSLinx). I've tried finding some information on tags generated by an intellicenter for standard FVNR starter buckets, so that I could develop associated faceplates within or DCS (Siemens PCS7). Would anyone have a sample acd file of an Intellicenter, so that I could see what tags are generated by it? It appears that you are to use a migration tool within the Intellicenter software that creates the tags in CLX. I am hoping to be able to create the OPC types to bring into our DCS, so that I could test faceplates.
Please advise me if there is an easier way, or if I am overlooking something.

It would be easy enough for you to do it. If ethernet Intellicenter and it sounds like you have RSLogix5000 - the E3+ or E1+ you would be using would just go into your IO tree. Once in the IO tree it will generate the tags for you.

What tags are generated by the E3+? Do you have a sample list, so that I may create the OPC topic? I was hoping to get started on this before the intellicenter was ordered to have a head start.