Rockwell Logix Designer tag referencing?

mbruins

Confused here.

I'm working with a program supplied by a machine OEM, trying to add some additional devices and equipment to it. Came across something I have not seen in my limited experience with LD.

following some of their ladder logic, I cross referenced a tag as shown in the attached pic. Note there is an XIC instruction that is in the list that has a different tag reference. I have never come across that and I am not sure how that is possible. I have looked at the properties of each tag and neither are alias' of the other, nor is there anything else in the properties that links the two other than the slight difference in the tag names.

How can this be?

Capture.GIF

Confused here.

I'm working with a program supplied by a machine OEM, trying to add some additional devices and equipment to it. Came across something I have not seen in my limited experience with LD.

following some of their ladder logic, I cross referenced a tag as shown in the attached pic. Note there is an XIC instruction that is in the list that has a different tag reference. I have never come across that and I am not sure how that is possible. I have looked at the properties of each tag and neither are alias' of the other, nor is there anything else in the properties that links the two other than the slight difference in the tag names.

How can this be?

Don't know about this a 100%, but are they JSR/SBR Parameters?

that was it. Safety mapping. This is my first go with a controller that has safety in it, and I didnt realize safety mapping was a thing.

Thanks for the help!