Rockwell SFC syntax

dalporto

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all.

I'm building my first Grafcet using Logix, but I started from another project.

From what we usually do with other PLC's, I was expecting something like this step (see screenshot) to only hold these 3 tags to High while the step is active.

But no, it stays high upon exiting the step.

And I'm pretty sure that my reference project wouldn't work if the bits stays True, and I don't see where / how they would be reset (and of course everybody from that project is long gone).

I compared existing against new, I can't find where is the difference. Maybe something in the project settings that I'm not aware of?

Any clue?

1711405281673.png

I'm re-using this thread.

When doing multiple branch converge / jump to step like the screenshot, is there a better way to do it than to just drag the line to the step I want and then half the time it messes with the other lines?

Only way I found to do it and it stays clean was to "unhook" the step and move it around and then do the connection and hide the line. Not very efficient.

Thanks.

1711997645391.png

Probably the best ladder editor and the worst sfc editor. I thought it was just me that has troubles with it. Schneider has a great fbd editor, a pretty good sfc editor, and a miserable ladder editor.