Rockwell Software Confusion

pr_wainwright

Hi,
The company I work for has just purchased RSLogix 5000 professional edition & Factory Talk View Machine Edition. The packages contain loads of other software DVD's that I don't know if I have purchased or if they are trials or what. The Rockwell website doesn't give any clues either.

With RSLogix 5000 I also get a DVD with FactoryTalk View Site Edition although no serial key is listed in the activation envelope?

With FactoryTalk View Machine Edition I also get a DVD with KEPServer Enterprise & FactoryTalk ViewPoint for FactoryTalk View 6.10 although no serial keys are listed in the activation envelope?

I don't want to install loads of trial stuff that I can't use in future. Has anyone got a clue about the above mentioned software packages?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Paul.

FTView SE you aren't licensed for, It is a seperate set from Machine edition. SE is the scada software for computer install, I presume you got ME to do the panelview+.

KepServer is used if you want the Panelview+ to talk to a non-rockwell PLC, You don't need to install it if you aren't.

Viewpoint isn't something i've played w/ much, but I think you need a seperate license for that as well.. Don't quote me on this one ;)

FTView SE you aren't licensed for, It is a seperate set from Machine edition. SE is the scada software for computer install, I presume you got ME to do the panelview+.

KepServer is used if you want the Panelview+ to talk to a non-rockwell PLC, You don't need to install it if you aren't.

Viewpoint isn't something i've played w/ much, but I think you need a seperate license for that as well.. Don't quote me on this one ;)

KepServer can also be used to read various other devices, not just PLC's. KepServer is an OPC and its supports hundreds of protocols - Modbus, SNMP, etc.

Viewpoint does requires an individual license.

-Josh

Setup only require software

You have given extra CDs as accessories without activation key. Thats are only run in trial version. You have to setup only those software whose activation key is given. Only that software are run fullfeldge;)