Rockwell Thin Client - Unable to Connect

phuz

I admittedly have never set up a Rockwell Thin Client / ThinManager but I need to step in because a vendor is having trouble making the connection and we're not sure if it's on the server end or if there is IT/network issues.

Network connections are good and can ping the server, but upon boot of the thin client, I'm getting "Can Not Locate ThinManager Server (XX.XX.XX.XX)" and there's a lot of finger-pointing going on. On the server end, remote connections are enable, but only with NLA. ThinManager is running.

While the vendor is not currently on site, what additional things can I be looking for?
Thanks.

Is the IP address correct? In my experience, if the IP address of the Thin Manager is correct, it's minutes to get it up and running assuming you have to configure it in the Server. Seconds otherwise.