Rockwell toolkit version

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all,

Can someone please tell me the different toolkit versions available from Rockwell? For years my company has been paying the renewal fees for top of the line toolkit. I just only realized that they have different tiers thru a friend of mine from a different company. When asked about it from our local distributor of 15 years, we have received zero responses. Accounting recently approached me and indicated that we are paying over 2x for Rockwell licensing vs actual amount of Rockwell/AB business that we bring in per year. Feels like we are being robbed by Rockwell for promoting their own products. Most customers aren't willing to pay astronomical prices for using Rockwell products when they can use another vendor using non Rockwell products for 3rd of the price. But we do have have 5 mid level customers, that dictates their systems use Rockwell/AB components. Our needs are pretty simple. Toolkit needs to support Studio 5000 V24 and higher for CompactLogix PLC's and PanelView terminals V7 and higher (FactoryTalk Studio ME) + Firmware updates. No drives support or DeviceNet support requirements. Ethernet/IP comms only. Can someone help out with a Rockwell Toolkit part # for a lower tier Toolkit that meets this criteria so we can approach our local Rockwell distributor with this info?

Many Thanks.

And wishing a very happy thanksgiving to all of you and your families.

Last edited: