Rs logix 500 question !!!!

small world

yes, for better or for worse, I am that same individual ...

when I'm not teaching, washing the dishes, or doing my own laundry, I hang out here on the forum and learn something new every day ...
The reason i asked is im waiting now on approval, at work, to-go to your class so i should see "YA" soon Ron ...........David King

thanks

With the 5/05, you can perform online edits including adding or deleting rungs and instructions. The Micrologix 1000 does not support this feature as you have learned.

You cannot change the size of the data tables or add new program files while online. If you need to create new ladder files or data tables, or change the size of an existing data table, then you must do that offline and then download the changes. It is a good idea to have spare ladder files and data table space for this reason, so that you don't have to shut down a process later on.
Thanks this was a big help knowing that it couldn't be done in a micro logix i went into the 5/05 last night at work changed the setting said a little prayer and all worked great thanks again that little info you give saved me alot of research...

HELLO AGAIN PLC Gurus,I need to change one number in a allen bradely 5/05 im not at all familiar with rs logix, direct logic is my preference,so i thought id pratice with a micro logix 1000 and i soon found out that i couldn't make change to certain things in the program such as adding contacts in a rung while in online programing but i could make timer and count changes my question is to make major changes in a program do you have to copy program then go offline edit copy then go back online clear program then upload edited copy is this the way you have to do it in rs logix programs because i cant seem to edit rungs such as add contacts in online program mode any help would be very helpful and if i haven't added enough info just let me know what you need for a answer again thanks in advance ...mer
hi dear

if you communicate with slc5 with rslogix 500 than you can make online editing but with micrologix 1000, 1200,1500 you cant make on line changes. you have to edit program offline then download to processor