Rs5000 Clock Update Tool Error

kentuckytech

Hello, i searched the forums here but didn't see anything in regards to the problem i just started having. I upgraded rs5000 to version 20 and while doing this i noticed there was a newer version of the clock update tool available so i updated it also but now when it runs a sync schedule it sets all of my plc clocks 6 hours in advance. Has any one else seen this problem or know of a solution to this problem? I know it sets the clocks based on my pc clock and it is correct. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kentuckytech

Did you update the firmware on the PLC CPUs themselves?

Somehow, that sounds like incorrect settings for the time zone on either the processor(s), or the host PC you run the clock update tool from.

No, the only thing i did was load Rs5000 version 20 on my pc and also the updated clock tool program. I checked my pc clock and time zone settings and they are correct.

You need to check the Time Zone in your PLC as well as rdrast suggested. Starting in version 16 there are Time Zones in the PLC. It defaults to GMT which is probably 6 hours from your local time zone. The older clock tool might not have taken that into account. I am sure Rockwell Tech Support could verify that if you have a Tech Support Agreement.

To clarify, upon checking all of my processors which consists of slc's, micrologix, compact and control logix it is only a few of the compact and control logix processors that are set 6 hours fast. I checked the time zones in the processors and they are correctly set to my time zone. i do have a tech support contract with AB so i will contact them with this issue. When i find the culprit i will post it. Thanks for all of your help. Kentuckytech