RS5000 Message Data

strata202

Message type = CIP Generic
Service type = Get Attribute Single
Service Code = e
Class = 7d
Instance = 1
Attribute = 15

This message path is to a 1794-ACNR15/C on ControlNet. Its extracting data from a MVI94-MCM module connected to kWh meters over modbus RTU. I am trying to find/understand what location it is pointing to based on the class, instance and attribute. I am familiar with how this is done on DeviceNet in regards to the eds but am not familiar with this on ControlNet. Ive been looking through the eds and any rockwell pubs for the ACNR but cant seem to make sense of it.

Any help is appreciated.

Interesting !

Class 0x7D is the FLEX Data Object, and the Instance number is the Slot Number.

I got that from a FLEX HART module user manual, but it goes on to describe different attributes of the FLEX data object.

My guess is that Attribute 15 is one of the data blocks in the 5000-word database of the MVI module. But that's only a guess.

You're going to need help from Prosoft and/or Rockwell Automation on this one.

What is the data size of the MSG ?

Thanks Ken.

Do you mean data size as in Source Length or the Destination?
The source length is set to 0 and the destination is an 8 element INT array.
I have attached a screen shot and routine pdf if that helps.

I'll flick it to RA support and see what they say.

MessageCfg.png

Attachments

• HV1MVI.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 14
Is this MSG instruction part of the example code for the MVI94-MCM module ?

It looks like the first Word of that 16-Word data block is being used as the "Current Block ID Number" for the MVI94 module. Block ID numbers are used by the Prosoft module to indicate to the PLC what the content of the current Input and Output blocks mean.

The fact that the message re-triggers itself as fast as possible agrees with the idea that it's an important part of the module's I/O transfer.

Most MVI-series modules put the current block ID number in the Input image, and the FLEX module only has 8 words Input and 7 words Output to work with. The User Manual suggests that there are 6-word data payloads on the Input image.

As far as I can see, NO, the MSG instruction is not part of the example code i have - "MVI94MCM_EIP_v17.ACD".

Thanks for your help Ken. I think I need to RTFM's a bit more.