RSBizware Server with SQL Server 2000

eleganzase

I'm setting up a new RSBizware server for our Packaging/Distribution center. We've had the software for almost two years and just now getting server space. Don't ask!!

Our IT department wants us to size this virtual server allowing for future expansion. Good idea, but I have no reference for what our system will look like in the future. My plan is to start with machine run time, fault and output data on five packaging machines. Maybe 10 integer words and a couple strings of code 128 data. If I let my imagination go I could see tracking all sorts of things such as wasted machine cycles awaiting parts or even tracking the length of a machine cycle to detect binding.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to reasonablly size a server for RSBizware?

Side note;
I havn't been able to determined if RSBizware is capable of doing Performance Verification such as cylinder cycle time tracking. In my previous life at Kodak, we used PI and could track almost anything in the PLC and even relate it to a specific product family. Is this possible with RSBizware? If not, can I use VB to pull data from RSSql and do such tracking?

Virtual Server with 100G storage.

Thank you all, for looking at my post. I'm not sure if I was unclear, or treading new territory.

I guess were going the VM server route with 100G drive space. It wasn't as much of a problem as at first believed. They saw Cognex vision systems on our machines and thought we were collecting all those immages. I also find that being a virtual server I can increase the size easilly.