RSEmulate 500 idiot guide

exiled

Hi folks,
I have been given access via our network to Emulate 500 V5.00.
Now i would like to try before i enegize 503&4s but i have no idea how to run the program properly.

I have created, verified an saved a program,
ive added the EMU500 to the driver list in rslinx, i can see this running, cant see my cpu though?

When i try to open the said processor it tells me i have nothing in the memory of cpu ect. "what am i doing wrong"

Or can somebody point me to a decent pdf ect.

thanks in advance

Ps i have just discovered thread about version 6 been free now. maybe ill have to get that, But were from chaps?

Just open up your RS Logix 500 file directly with RS Emulate 500, it will ask you to assign a station number. Once that is assigned you get just a blank which screen. At the top you should see the Run/Halt button, make sure it is running.

You should now see the CPU in linx.

You can then open up the project file with RS Logix 500 and go online with the emulated processor through linxs.

You cannot make online changes, you must go offline, make your change, verify the change, then save it.

Then you must stop the processor in emulate 500 and go to File -> reload, then put the processor back into run mode and go back online.

Emulate 5 works the same way.