RSI Hardware Installation Tool

Dear All,
I have a problem when installing RSLinx Classic (2.5x.xx) with a symptom; when progress of Hardware Installation Tool then shown message "The files containing EDS information is missing or corrupt, Please install latest RSLinx Classic or ..."
afterward the RSLinx installation was halted.
I've checked the EDS folder and its files was OK (no corrupt)

Did anyone has a similar problem ? and how to solve it ?

Regards,

Endang

What folder are your source files in ?

The RSCommon/EDS folder cannot be the source folder when you run that utility. It's the destination folder.

Place the EDS files you want to register in any other folder on your computer.

Thank's Ken,

Actually my problem was during installation of RSLinx Rev. 2.57.00, at the end of installation, it's automatically launching the RSI/EDS hardware installation tool and the computer response with indication: "The files containing EDS information is missing or corrupt, Please install latest RSLinx Classic or ..."
When I checked the EDS folder either on the installation source (DVD) or at RSCommon/EDS folder, the EDS files were available and looks OK.

Please your advise.

Regards,
Endang