Rslinx Classic Gateway License

bornwild

Hello all,

We purchased rslinx gateway license. Rockwell sent me a link to download the software as well product key and serial number. I downloaded from the link and installed the set up but I have dont any factory talk activation and my rslinx status shows I am using gateway (NOT OEM) which is good. Is it already activated.? Do I need to do the activation? The pc is quite old windows xp 32 bit .

RSLinx Classic will run with its full capabilities under the same unlicensed "grace period" feature as other products like FactoryTalk View Studio or Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

Those other products use a pop-up to remind you that they have not been activated and how long you have until the "grace period" expires.

RSLinx does not use that pop-up. Instead, it just runs in Grace Period for 7 days, after which it will return to running as RSLinx Lite.

You can test this by simply waiting.

Thanks a lot. I never knew this. For other softwares like rslogix it shows evaluation running. This is weird from rockwell