RSLinx Classic Lite Drivers

tobor

Howdy gents,

Right to the point, our maintenance department presently uses hardened laptops running Windows XP for troubleshooting AB SLC PLCs, using RSLinx Classic Lite to connect. Some PLCs require that the DH485 / UIC driver is used, which works fine in XP. Maintenance is getting upgrades to the troubleshooting laptops, and these upgrades run Windows 7. After installing the same version of RSLinx Classic Lite (2.57.00) on the Windows 7 laptops, the DH485 / UIC driver is no longer available. My question is, how does one connect to these PLCs using a Windows 7 laptop when this driver is no longer present?

Much thanks.

drivers.png

You will have to use a DF1 driver, selecting the Comm. Port # of your DH485 interface and the "1770-KF3/1747-KE" choice as the Linx DF1 driver interface "Device"; you might also need the "CRC" setting for the "Error Check".
You could also consider an after-market USB-to-DH485 inteface which comes with its own driver; Allen-Bradley/RA practically dropped the PC to DH485 communications support.
http://ind-concepts.com/Allen_Bradley_PLC_Cables.htm

Last edited:
Yeah that driver is not installed in 64bit. So you have to do as dmargineau says, the oddball configuration with the DF1 driver.

And I'll second his link. I have one of those UIC's and it is superior to the factory one (comes with the RJ45 end built in).