Rslinx comminication error

manasi

Dear All
I am using licensed Rslinx classic gatway for one of my projects. HMI used is iFIx5.0 and its communication with PLC is through OPC.
While project is in run mode after every 15-20 minutes I am getting microsoft error. its screen shot is attached for reference.
Please suggest any solution to overcome this problem.
Is this operating system problem. OS is windows xp professional.

Regards
Manasi

ERROR1.jpg

I have seen time 2 icons of Rslinx as you have shown in picture.
Please see the file attached for Processor details. Its DUAL CPU.
Can you suggest any solution? Can you suggest a system configuration for a workstation for iFix 5.0

Manasi

I have seen time 2 icons of Rslinx as you have shown in picture.
Please see the file attached for Processor details. Its DUAL CPU.
Can you suggest any solution? Can you suggest a system configuration for a workstation for iFix 5.0

Manasi
Processor details: Intel(R) Pentium(R) dual CPU @ 2.2GHz and 1GB RAM

-Manasi

Are you running a multi-processor or multi-core computer?

See picture below Two RSLinx's ?

That's a windows thing. Whenever a program that creates an icon in the task bar crashes, the icon stays there until you mouse over it. When you mouse over, any icon that is un-attached to a running application vanishes.

That's a windows thing. Whenever a program that creates an icon in the task bar crashes, the icon stays there until you mouse over it. When you mouse over, any icon that is un-attached to a running application vanishes.

HMMMM? I didn't know that. Thanks

The patch suggested by Mickey will probably work, but you might consider upgrading your version of RSlinx to the current one: 2.54.00.11. The 2.5x versions before this release had issues.

That's a big thanks from me too ! I've been chasing and issues here where sometimes it seems that I have two instances of kepware running. Now at least I know why , now all I have to do is to find out what is causing kepware to crash..(y)

The patch suggested by Mickey will probably work, but you might consider upgrading your version of RSlinx to the current one: 2.54.00.11. The 2.5x versions before this release had issues.
I have also tried with Rslinx 2.54 version. but stiall microsoft error occurs. Pl suggest me some solution....or it is advisable that " not to use multicore processor"
-Manasi