Rslinx crashing

rocksalt

Ever since IT put me on a vlan I am having issues. When I click on a 5/03 processor linx crashes. If I go to the machine it works. Some 5/03 connections work and some dont.

My laptop ip is not the same subnet and my plc and the plc has the gateway in it. Sometimes the status shows fault but it is not.

I can see all my plc and ping them. Running 3.7 linx, win 7.

No errors just "rslinx has stopped working".

Hello Rocksalt

I am not sure if this is your situation or not but:

Are your PLCs connected through Managed Switches?

If so are you using ETHIP Driver or are you using ETH Driver in Linx?

If you are using ETHIP then try to set up IP address in ETH Driver and see if that works.

BCS

Only one works... I have to use the driver where I must enter the ip manually. The other will not pick them up.

Yes, they are cisco managed switches.

Yep, thats what I mean.

But does it work if you use the ETH driver then?

Or are you still having the same problem you posted when using this driver also.

The ETHIP driver will not work sometimes through managed switches and the like so it is best to set up the ETH Driver manually and use it.

BCS

I had the same kind of issue, only RSLinx basically stopped working completely for me when it crashed. I Ended up having to delete my harmony files every month or so from RSCommon. Issues completely went away after I made new saves and exported / imported the text.

For me It happened more with the Controllogix processors etc that were not on the first level and I had to expand to get to them.