RSLinx Enterprise, DH485 & 1761-NET-AIC

tborycki

Hi all,
I'm just working through a replacement of an existing RSView32 HMI with FactoryTalk View SE, and have run into a communications issue I hope someone here can help me with.

The old RSView32 PC system talked to a SLC5/03 through a 1761-NET-AIC module (DH485 to CH1 on the SLC) using the PIC/AIC driver in RSLinx. However, in FTView SE (RSLinx Enterprise) and in standard RSLinx, the PIC/AIC driver is gone. It's looking like my only options are a Serial DH485 driver in RSLinx Enterprise (which I haven't been able to get working in this configuration) or using the DH485 UIC driver in RSLinx (which requires a different cable, and is meant for programming not continual polling).

End of the day, I just need a serial port on my PC to be able to talk to my DH485 CH1 port on my SLC5/03. Whether that includes the NET-AIC, different protocol converters, cables, etc. I'm all ears. I just don't want to tell my client they have to upgrade to a 5/05 (which I know would work, but is $$$).

Thanks for any and all help you can give.

Trevor