RSLinx OPC topic reporting data in the wrong order

Jcooli09

We use RSLinx to interface a program which takes specific data from our PLC5 and applies it to specific fields on our enterprise software. We do this to populate some fields in our BOL automatically, product code, gross weight, tare weight, and silo number. We have a piece of software which basically copies the data from the PLC and pastes it to specific fields on our screen.

At one of our facilities, the information is sometimes reported in the wrong order. The data is always accurate, the data from the PLC is what exists in the data tables at that time. It's configured to bring in product code, silo number, gross weight, tare weight but sometimes reports gross weight, silo number, product code, tare weight.

The vendor who's software does the copy/pasting is blaming RSLinx for this problem. They say that RSLinx sometimes reports the data in the wrong order, but I don't really see how that's possible. RSLinx is going to report any data from any datatable address we ask it to.

I'm not an expert on how RSLinx works, so maybe I'm all wet here. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

They did, which is why I'm asking. 4254096 is our product code, it was the same on both loads.

Is that showing the error in the input to their software, or is that the output from their software? Because if the latter, that is showing the final error, but it does not demonstrate that RSLinx is in error.

I have seen this with proprietary driver (non-OPC) communication using RIO.
Similarly, if the OPC topic is routed through DH+, the ordering may be guaranteed to be synchronized with changes in the PLC, especially if the tags are sourced from different files.