Rslinx Trouble

ravi1821

Dear sir,

Currently i am working with a new modification job which using allen bradley cpu slc 500 type 1747 - L40C. When i started up the rslink it promps me the Message " Fatal Error Initializing PIC Device driver ". After that i click OK button the at the communication menu i configure the driver 1747-PIC/AIC. After that i add the driver it doesnot goes to running mode. Anybody can
advise me on this matter

Thanks in advance.

Ravi Chandran

What kind of computer are you using desktop or laptop. Does it have a real serial port. ( it must have a real serial port to work).

Last edited:
pls check is it showing device (miniature of slc ) in rslinx

u stop and then remove any other drive which is using the same communication port like com1 com2 ...

try with some other node addresses

Do you have RSView installed, if so RS Linx will be running as a service and you need to go to RSLINX CLASSIC LAUNCH CONTROL and tell it not to run as a service.

RSLINX trouble

dear sirs,

Thank you for your valuable comment in my earlier query. The problem is that my laptop doesnot have a real serial port for me do the communication with PIC device.

Further to this, i have installed the rslogic and rslink my desktop pc and since i have only 1 license key. I had to move the key from my laptop to the master floppy disk via MOVE ACTIVATION 32 BIT but another problem occurs. The master disk which i used earlier to transfer the key to my laptop seems not working now. It gives could not activation file in floppy disk and the license key still present in my laptop.

Any advise guys.

Thanks in advance

Ravi Chandran

You need the 1747-UIC. It is the USB version of the 1747-PIC.

Make sure RsLinx is shut down before you move the activation. Do a screen capture of your error

ravi1821 said:
dear sirs,

Thank you for your valuable comment in my earlier query. The problem is that my laptop doesnot have a real serial port for me do the communication with PIC device.

Further to this, i have installed the rslogic and rslink my desktop pc and since i have only 1 license key. I had to move the key from my laptop to the master floppy disk via MOVE ACTIVATION 32 BIT but another problem occurs. The master disk which i used earlier to transfer the key to my laptop seems not working now. It gives could not activation file in floppy disk and the license key still present in my laptop.

Any advise guys.

Thanks in advance

Ravi Chandran

You should be able to leave the activation installed on the laptop and just install RSLinx Lite on the desktop. As long as you are only connecting to a single node and not using OPC or DDE this should work.

It is possible to run RSLogix and Linx on your desktop by just installing the master disc, without relocating the licence, just boot up logix while the disc is in.

Sounds like your disc is stuffed, as long as your supoprot is current it won't be a problem to get a new diosc out of Rockwell.

Cheers