RSLogix 500 Ladder Logic Window Size

RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000s user preferences and screen settings are stored in the Windows Registry. But, you don't have to edit the Registry to reset them.

Just start RSLogix with CTRL and SHIFT keys held down. Be sure to hold them down until RSLogix has finished opening. To find out if it actually cleared the registry entries, check the FILE menu to see if the 'Recent File' history is cleared. If so, you know this has worked and you can test your RSLogix software again to see if any screen problems remain.

Last edited:
Windows should remember "not maximized" screen size

The following tip should work,no matter how RSLogix is opened

from Ron Beaufort

"for open up with max screen: open rslogix500 - use restore button to make it NOT maximized - then stretch and resize the window manually to make it as big as possible - then do "window" - "arrange" to fix the toolbars and the project to fill screen - then maximize the rslogix500 window - then do "window" - "arrange" again - now shut down rslogix - make sure your icon is set to run maximized -
now it should open up full screen from now on - unless i left something out"

wildcatherder is right!!!

It is still not maximized, but screen is big how I set it, thanks very much.

I don't know, why we paying so much money for this user unfriendly software.