RSLogix 500 program problem (ML1400 and PV+600)

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I made an addition to an existing program.

There are already configured communication between the PLC (ML1400) and the HMI (PV+ 600) regarding the system time.

My mission was to create a function that will ultimately result in a value change that I wanted to log. This would happen 12:00 every day. As I do in siemens I created compare blocks that compared the time and when the hour, minute and second was correct it would latch a tag. This would be active for one second (since I compared to seconds aswell). I noticed at the site that this didn't work, I reprogrammed it to hours and minutes and used a ONS. I still had a slight delay in the program though.

I have now digged in to it and I thought that maybe there was a communication delay between my hardware. I went in to FTView Studio and looked at global connections, here it says that the Time and Date output interval 10sec. Does this mean what I think it does? And why isn't it updated more frequently? Would it hurt to update it like every 0.5 second?

You can update the Date and Time output as fast as you wish; it will just take a little more bandwidth.

But I've never been able to get accuracy any better than 2 seconds with the Global Connections feature. It just wasn't built to do things in the 1-second range. I haven't done any experimentation with it on v6 or v7 firmware terminals.

Alright, this bandwidth can't be to big thought so I guess I can lower the update interval. Thanks alot Ken, really appreciate it!