rslogix 5000 and hmi control selector object

nmk

I need help with this project, the project has a compact logix L35E processor and a PANELVIEW 1000.
AT HMI: an object on a display "control list" that list 3 different products..ie. product1, product2,product3.
AT the PLC: Created a user define data type , called it DataTypeParameters that has only two members in it size
and description. Then created a new tag array called it SelectedProduct[2] and made the array of type DataTypeParameters.each of the array elements can point to members of the datatype above. At the PLC program I created a tag so that which ever the operator seselected product, I see the state value from the control list, but I do not know how to access the members of the
selected product. for example the operator selected product2, I see in my tag a 2 from state value, now that I know the operator selected the 2nd product, how to retrieve the 2 members of the datatype ie.. selectedProduct[2].size and selectedProduct[2].description?