RSLogix 5000 Calculate Cam Profile

Is it possible you have configured your virtual master axis with a rollover value equal to 1?

Keith
Yes that's what it was.
I had the:
Conversion Constant at 8000.0
Position Unwind at 8000
I now have position unwind at 2880000 (360*8000) and the rotary axis is working fine.

Create a UNIT CAM table based on the x = COS(Deg) Where the MASTER units are Deg and the slave units are 1 (watch later how the radius is brought in)

Engage X axis using a MAPC where the Slave Scaling = a (your ellipse X axis Radius)
Engage Y axis using a MAPC where the Slave Scaling = b (your ellipse Y axis Radius) AND the CAM Master lock Position = 270 Deg (the start of a SIN curve)

I was never able to get this working using the scaling, I mean I was able to draw the ellipse but the size ended up wrong.

I was able to get it working by using two MCCP instructions one for the X and one for Y. I then computed the X,Y slave positions using these formulas.
For :
Repeat
MCCP1_CAM[XResultIndex].Slave := XRadius*cos(XStep*3.14/180);
XStep := XStep + DegIncrement;
XResultIndex := XResultIndex + 1;
Until (XStep >=360)
end_repeat;

For Y:
Repeat
MCCP2_CAM[YResultIndex].Slave := YRadius*sin(YStep*3.14/180);
YStep := YStep + DegIncrement;
YResultIndex := YResultIndex +1;
Until (YStep >=360)
end_repeat;

Thanks for everybody's help

glad you ended up making it work :)

time zones are a pain for quick response

The idea behind the slave scaling is that the CAM slave position ranges from -1 to 1 and the slave scaling is used as a multiplier in the units of the slave axis to give the ellipse radius

glad you ended up making it work :)

time zones are a pain for quick response

The idea behind the slave scaling is that the CAM slave position ranges from -1 to 1 and the slave scaling is used as a multiplier in the units of the slave axis to give the ellipse radius

I've been put on another project for the next two days then I have to go out of town next week but when I get back I'll look into the scaling more.

I knew I need to use a virtual axis as my master but I wasn't sure how. When I read your suggestion about making it a 360 rotary, that made it all come together for me.
Thanks!🍻

Hi All
I have an issue with one of my PLC task using Rockwell automation motion control and wondering if you can help me with it!
The task is creating a complex speed using CAM profile for programming the speed of PF527 Drive, it is actually two PF527 always work together on same direction.
I am using MATC instruction to do this task but I am facing an issue.
While I pause the instruction, everything will stop as required, however, when I resume the cam profile will run all over from zero. I am looking for some help / advice on how can I program the MATC so I can stop the profile (or “pause” it) without starting the whole profile from the beginning. I do not have that much experience with motion control, and actually this is my first task therefore any help or support would be highly appreciated.

I'm not at my computer right now so kinda guess but you probably have to use another instruction pointed at the MATC to pause and resume it