RSLogix 5000 - checking for repeated values

FNC

I have an array of 500 strings.

Is there an easy way to check to see if there are any repeats without using brute force with a loop?

Thanks.

FNC

Brute force and a loop seems to be the only way to do it inside the PLC.

You will have to to a FSC to detect "sameness" of element 1 to elements 2 to 499, then element 2 to elements 3 to 499, etc., etc.

That is going to take a considerable amount of coding and processor time.

Do you need the result every scan?

How often does this test need to be performed?

Do you need to know all locations where duplicates exist? or just to know that there is at least one? (i.e. correcting the first duplicate will reveal the next, etc.)

Are all the strings the same length? (Some pre-sorting may make the task easier if not)

hello
i want to control my temp control loop in rslogix5000...but the thing is when i enter setpoint 65
then control valve should start closing when PV is 63 so what should i do for this adjustment.Give me reply as soon as possible.
thank you

hello
i want to control my temp control loop in rslogix5000...but the thing is when i enter setpoint 65
then control valve should start closing when PV is 63 so what should i do for this adjustment.Give me reply as soon as possible.
thank you

You should have started your own thread for this...

But here's my take....

Reduce P
Add I to bring control to SP in a reasonable time
Add D if overshoot, but only if necessary, most loops can be PI only

Research "PID" - google will help