RsLogix 5000 fails

ThaDutch

Hey!

I've just installed RsLogix 5000 v20 on my Win7 x64 laptop and i have encountered several problems which i didn't encounter on my previous install on another computer.

When loading RsLogix i am unable to start a new program. I am able to open an old save. When i try to start a new program i am able to go to the "New Controller" window but when i click "OK" it says: "Failed to create project C:\....... Access denied - access to the [RsLogix 5000/New Project] action is required to perform this operation. See your Security Administrator."

When i try to set up my emulator by adding the emulator slot, it tells me "Internal Error! Failed to install rslogix emulate 5ooo in slot!".

All other programs/functions works - or mostly do work in RsLogix.

I have searched this forum, but haven't found a working answer!
I bet these two problems have the same origin!!
But how do i solve this?

Thx in advance!
//Simon

In RSLogix5000, click on the tools menu and select options. Set the Project directory to a location that exists and which you have the rights to write files. Note: you can create a new project file anywhere, but this is where it defaults to.

That directory exist and it is where all the samples are installed. But whats weird is that all settings are greyed out in the Options window?!

Somewhere i read that i might be logged in as an operator? How to change this?

Last edited:
That directory exist and it is where all the samples are installed. But whats weird is that all settings are greyed out in the Options window?!

Somewhere i read that i might be logged in as an operator? How to change this?

If you have admin rights on your PC, you might need to run the FactoryTalk Directory Configurationt Wizard. This will authenticate your security credentials based off of your windows login info. When you run the wiz, make sure your network directory is hosted on "localhost" rather than on a remote server.

Path:
Start --> All Programs --> Rockwell Software --> FactoryTalk Tools --> FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard

Note that I don't know that this your problem, but I've seen similar problems caused by a fouled directory configuration.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

Thx for the responses, but those settings are also greyed out.

What i'm up to now is to uninstall and then reinstall RSLogix, Linx, Emulator ect. to try to solve this problem. But there isn't any "easy" way to uninstall this. Is there any specific folders/files that i need to remove beside?

Thx for the responses, but those settings are also greyed out.

What i'm up to now is to uninstall and then reinstall RSLogix, Linx, Emulator ect. to try to solve this problem. But there isn't any "easy" way to uninstall this. Is there any specific folders/files that i need to remove beside?

Hi, i have the same problem that ThaDutch. But i have tried to install RSLogix5000 v20.01 on Windows XP SP3. The installation is correct, but the new project option is disabled, only for the version 20.01.
When I try to make a new project with the version 20.01 from an old version, i receive the following message: "Failed to create project C:\....... Access denied - access to the [RsLogix 5000/New Project] action is required to perform this operation. See your Security Administrator."

If you have admin rights on your PC, you might need to run the FactoryTalk Directory Configurationt Wizard. This will authenticate your security credentials based off of your windows login info. When you run the wiz, make sure your network directory is hosted on "localhost" rather than on a remote server.

Path:
Start --> All Programs --> Rockwell Software --> FactoryTalk Tools --> FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard

Note that I don't know that this your problem, but I've seen similar problems caused by a fouled directory configuration.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

Thanks. This worked for me. It turns out the FT Directory was still pointing to my network directory instead of localhost.

Thanks. This worked for me. It turns out the FT Directory was still pointing to my network directory instead of localhost.

I tried this, but when i go to the FT Directory Config, I get an error that says

Unable to backup existing LocalReconfigure Directory to file
folder
re7902.bak.
Exception from HRESULT: ox80042034
Can anyone explain this? This is a new laptop at a new job.