RSlogix 5000 find highest value of array

The SRT instruction gives out the highest value detected, I think you can use a EQU instruction to compare this value to identify which one is the highest.

Maybe i'm wrong, haven't written a code to see if it works, but worth a try

+1 on Mickey's solution

First off you don't sort your Jam Array you sort a copy of it.

This does an array of 20.

XIC Find_High BST ONS One_Shot.8 COP Jam_Array[0] JamArray_Sort[0] 20 NXB SRT JamArray_Sort[0] 0 Sort_Control ? ? BND
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[0] MOV 0 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[1] MOV 1 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[2] MOV 2 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[3] MOV 3 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[4] MOV 4 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[5] MOV 5 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[6] MOV 6 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[7] MOV 7 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[8] MOV 8 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[9] MOV 9 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[10] MOV 10 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[11] MOV 11 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[12] MOV 12 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[13] MOV 13 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[14] MOV 14 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[15] MOV 15 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[16] MOV 16 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[17] MOV 17 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[18] MOV 18 Array_HighPosition
EQU JamArray_Sort[19] Jam_Array[19] MOV 19 Array_HighPosition

OK, guys. I know I live in Wisconsin and have drunk away more brain cells than I am left with. But I don't understand what a sort will do for you in this case other than obscure the original information that is being sought and require additional evaluation to find it. Someone will need to explain to me how any of the solutions proposed using a sort is any cleaner than what destination unknown proposed in post 7.

Remember, the OP doesn't care what the value is or how it relates to any other value. He just wants to know what array location contains the highest value because that tells him the location on the machine the highest jam occurrence.

Keith

I understand the solution with the FOR loop will work.

I just offered Mickey's solution using common ladder logic and a brute force method. I also wanted the OP to understand that by using the SRT function you need to make a copy to work with and keep the original in tact.

Just to be clear for those of you scoring at home, the ladder that destination unknown posted above is a more compact version of what cwal61 posted, NOT the solution that destination unknown posted in post 7.

Keith