Rslogix 5000 issue

Molayyan

Hi ,I'm new to plc programming I have old controllogix plc with 1756-l55M12 controller I downloaded trial version of rslogix 5000 v16 I was able to see all the modules via rslogix 5000 and rslinks but it was not able to go online with the controller because of the firmware version was 10.28 , then I upgrade the firmware to 16.23 which is supposed to be compatible version with the controller now it can go online and it's able to download and upload but I'm not able to add new module or to create any routine, I need help to solve this issue

hi. what have you done to attempt to add a new module? can you send a youtube video of your steps? this will help identify which step the issue may be.

hi. what have you done to attempt to add a new module? can you send a youtube video of your steps? this will help identify which step the issue may be.
to create a new routine, left panel of logix5000, you will see:
Tasks/MainTask/MainProgram

Right click main MainProgram and select "New Routine..."

If the processor is at v10, you'll have to flash its firmware to v16, which will clear its memory completely. Then, you can go online with your PC and do what you need to do.

If the processor is at v10, you'll have to flash its firmware to v16, which will clear its memory completely. Then, you can go online with your PC and do what you need to do.
Perhaps people responding should read the whole post first:

Hi ,I'm new to plc programming I have old controllogix plc with 1756-l55M12 controller I downloaded trial version of rslogix 5000 v16 I was able to see all the modules via rslogix 5000 and rslinks but it was not able to go online with the controller because of the firmware version was 10.28 , then I upgrade the firmware to 16.23 which is supposed to be compatible version with the controller now it can go online and it's able to download and upload but I'm not able to add new module or to create any routine, I need help to solve this issue

More relevantly, assuming by 'trial version' it is running in grace mode (I'm not aware of Rockwell offering any actual trial version), it may be worth noting that some versions will kick you into 'Service Edition' -- which does not allow online edits -- when running in the grace period.

cf this thread