RSLogix 5000 JSRs & Program Flow

BST XIC S587[0].1 NXB XIC Line[1].12 BST XIC S587Mcu2A[0].0 NXB XIC S586Mcu2A[0].0 NXB XIC S586Op1A[0].0 NXB XIC S587Op1A[0].0 BND BND XIC S587Mcu2AEn[0].0 XIO S586FltDet[0].0 XIO S587FltDet[0].0 OTE S587[0].10

In Logix Designer, when you double-click on a rung number, a Boolean display box opens above the rung, which shows the logic as Boolean code. THIS is the order in which the instructions in that particular rung are scanned and executed.
The above is just an example of that Boolean code including several branching instructions. The display is selected as ASCII Text, not Neutral Text.
The branches are parallel but the execution is sequential, one Boolean instruction at a a time. I'm not trying to muddy the waters, nor be argumentative. It's just that "left-to-right, top to bottom, period," does not fully describe the scan process, at least in my opinion :).

Conversely, it's quite doable to create and edit rungs in Boolean code using Excel, for example, and then paste that code into the display box to create rungs in your program. We have found this very useful in several scenarios.

Conversely, it's quite doable to create and edit rungs in Boolean code using Excel, for example, and then paste that code into the display box to create rungs in your program. We have found this very useful in several scenarios.

I have never used Excel for that and would like to try. I have used Word and Notepad, but not extensively.

Do you put one instruction or tag in each cell then somehow combine all the cells into one string?

Could you make a test spreadsheet you could post to show how?

Yes, I_Auto, the spreadsheet data columns, etc., depend on your application. Cells contain individual instructions or any kind of constant data, then use CONCATENATE function to build the string.
My confederate recently built a large Paint Shop conveyor program like this, using common logic for each separate stop, for example, and pasting in (search and replace) just a few characters of modified data to "tune" it to the particular stop or zone. Cut down many hours of work to just a few.

Never thought of trying that, will give it a shot.
Thanks
🍻

Yes, I_Auto, the spreadsheet data columns, etc., depend on your application. Cells contain individual instructions or any kind of constant data, then use CONCATENATE function to build the string.
My confederate recently built a large Paint Shop conveyor program like this, using common logic for each separate stop, for example, and pasting in (search and replace) just a few characters of modified data to "tune" it to the particular stop or zone. Cut down many hours of work to just a few.