RSlogix 5000 Kinetix 5500 Motion Axis Parameter

posborne

Hello everyone,

Ho do I go about making changes to a "Motion Axis Parameter" e.g.
PositionScalingNumerator that is currently grayed out in the dialog box in run mode?

I want to be able to make changes for calibration from the HMI, currently I can only make changes to this parameter offline then I have to download the updates.

I would think I would just need to change to read/write at the tag, but I can't locate any associated tag with this parameter?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Hello everyone,

Ho do I go about making changes to a "Motion Axis Parameter" e.g.
PositionScalingNumerator that is currently grayed out in the dialog box in run mode?

I want to be able to make changes for calibration from the HMI, currently I can only make changes to this parameter offline then I have to download the updates.

I would think I would just need to change to read/write at the tag, but I can't locate any associated tag with this parameter?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Have you tried turning the servo off or inhibiting the module?

You have to make this change offline and download. See page 87 of the Integrated Motion on the
EtherNet/IP Network manual (MOTION-RM003M-EN-P) for the access rules.

The PositionScalingNumerator has a access type of Set/GSV See page 538 of manual for this information.

Set/GSV = Indicates the attribute can only be set when the axis is created
on download and cannot be changed either online or programmatically.

Most motion attributes can be changed with SSV commands,but not the ones you want.

Last edited: