RSLogix 5000 Ladder Programming issue

chandrapaul

hi,
i know how to write program in rslogix 500. in youtube video of rslogix 5000 programming i saw that they are just writing character tags (like start,stop,motor...) for input and output commands. there they dont assigning any input output address like I:0/0,O:0/0 like rslogix 500.

my question is if they are not assigning any I/O address in rslogix 5000 then how to know that which tags are correspond to which I/O port of the PLC?

thanks

If they aren't aliasing, then they are buffering I/O at some point (reading/writing those tags to the corresponding I/O points). Or maybe not at all if it's only a programming demo.

The Logix5000 Controllers use the "Local" tag to name I/O that is placed in the Local chassis. So for a input card placed in the first slot the tag name would be "Local.1.I". Which would be the same as I:1 in 500.

Since the new cards have way more data than the older SLC stuff they break down the tags into categories and give each item a name like Fault, Data, Config, Etc. This helps you to know what is in that category. So for the actual I/O Data you would look in the Data category. There is were the actual input and output table is stored. So for I:1/1 in 500 that would be Local.1.I.Data.1 in 5000.

You can create Alias tags that act as place holders for the Local tag. Alias tags (Pump_1_Run) are much easier to remember than Local.1.I.Data.1 You just create a tag and in the Alias part add the Local I/O you want that tag to represent.

Attached is a screen shot of one of my projects tag database to give you a idea of what I am talking about.

IO Snip.jpg

Thanks a lot...

The Logix5000 Controllers use the "Local" tag to name I/O that is placed in the Local chassis. So for a input card placed in the first slot the tag name would be "Local.1.I". Which would be the same as I:1 in 500.

Since the new cards have way more data than the older SLC stuff they break down the tags into categories and give each item a name like Fault, Data, Config, Etc. This helps you to know what is in that category. So for the actual I/O Data you would look in the Data category. There is were the actual input and output table is stored. So for I:1/1 in 500 that would be Local.1.I.Data.1 in 5000.

You can create Alias tags that act as place holders for the Local tag. Alias tags (Pump_1_Run) are much easier to remember than Local.1.I.Data.1 You just create a tag and in the Alias part add the Local I/O you want that tag to represent.

Attached is a screen shot of one of my projects tag database to give you a idea of what I am talking about.