RSLogix 5000 Multiple Backplanes

Nicbst

Good day everyone,

I am new to Allen Bradley PLC coding, and have been trying to figure out how to add a second backplane to a ControlLogix 1756-L71 PLC in the software.

When opening the project I see an option for one backplane, but nowhere else can I seem to find an option to add another...I checked RSLogix500 and it has this option?

I am upgrading a client from SLC to ControlLogix and in RSLogix500 two backplanes are configured (and used).

Schneider and Siemens are so straight-forward(at this stage)!šŸ™ƒ

Please assist, and thanks.

how are you going to access the 2nd backplane, via ethernet?then you add an ethernet module in the 1st backplane then add another module thats in the 2nd backplane and then define the 2nd backplane cards.

The SLC-500 family was unique among A-B controllers in its ability to connect multiple chassis together to form an extended backplane. There is no similar functionality in the ControlLogix.

As described by mike_dr, remote chassis are connected over EtherNet/IP or ControlNet networks with network modules.