RSLogix 5000 - Reusing timers

All a timer really does is put a nice wrapper around a free-running clock delta. You can perform the function yourself. If you are a C guy this should look familiar.

The GSV instruction (Get system Variable) allows the user to get various pieces of system information from various objects in the system. One of the items is the value of the free-running clock, an array of two doubles with microsecond resolution. Use Class Name of WALLCLOCKTIME and Attribute Name of CurrentValue. Perform your own deltas on these time values and you can make your own timers.

I'm not saying it is necessarily a good idea but it is an alternative if you don't like creating timers.

Keith