RSLogix 5000 V16.5 No Internet Download

Lewis Stultz

I have a pc running windows 10 pro that is on a network that does not have internet access. I need to put RSLogix 5000 on this computer for a contractor to use. I have the extracted files copied to the computer but it can not download as Microsoft Framework version 3.5 is part of the download and it requires internet to be downloaded. I cannot connect the pc to the internet temporarily to download the software either. I have called Rockwell and they have not been able to offer a solution. I was wondering if there was anybody out there that has run into this problem.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried installing what you sent in the link but I am still getting the same windows error code 0x8024402C. I was getting this previously when I tried to install it and Rockwell tech support told me it was because I was not connected to the internet.

You could use "turn Windows features on or off" and enable .NET Framework 3.5 there. You will need a Windows install DVD or ISO that matches the current installed Windows version such as 1909 or 21H1.

You could use "turn Windows features on or off" and enable .NET Framework 3.5 there. You will need a Windows install DVD or ISO that matches the current installed Windows version such as 1909 or 21H1.

Actually most computers lately have the Windows installation ISO hidden on a partition on the hard drive so a CD isn't needed for adding features or repairing Windows or even resetting the OS to factory original.

I have always copied the sources\sxs folder from the Windows install disk and put them on an external usb drive then run the following at the command prompt:
(run as administrator)

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

it has worked every time, but it has to be the exact same Windows build

Mostly you do not need the install media for Win10. It keeps those files in its own directory withing C:\windows. So enabling it should work without issue. the install media isn't hidden away in some partition, but a factory image can be. thats usually accessed via a boot menu that's manually triggers during POST. However all that will do is nuke the current install in favor of the factory.

the 0x8024402C is a internet connection fail, is there some option during install that would make it check for a updated version?

How do you access these files?

Can you copy the sources/sxs folder from the hidden ISO to an external drive?

You would have to right click the Start button, then select Disk Management (and wait for it to open)

And - never mind - you can't.

Go to Microsoft and download the Windows 10 installation media

It will fit on a 8GB flash drive, plus I always have a copy in my Downloads folder

I believe that's where things get tricky, Windows will only let you download the latest build.....

If the sources/sxs folder is not the same build as the operating system of the computer that is isolated from the internet, the enable of .Net 3.5 will fail.

my memory is a bit rusty, but if i remember correctly, look for that microsoft error and you will find multiple solutions, i looked in the other suggestions area and found the work around that would let me do the install with the install package you were pointed to. i documented it very well at my last job, but did not keep a copy for my personal records. i am doing this from memory.
hope this helps,
james

i documented it very well at my last job, but did not keep a copy for my personal records.

I am the opposite.

I have backups at home of every PLC & HMI I have worked on, with copies of all schematics I could get and have made.

I keep copies of every manual I have to download for any IO card, program, VFD, servo, display, process control, etc. This includes Notepad and Word documents & screenshots of any notes of details.

I have a Downloads folder with copies of all downloaded software I have needed for any machine.

I have a 6TB NAS just for work related archiving, and a 2TB USB drive with just the PLC projects that I can take with my laptops when needed.

I thought if you opened the install package to RSLogix 5000 16.05, GO to Redlist, DotNetfx_3.5 was available. You just need to run it manually.

Nevermind> It was 20.04 that came with Dotnet_3.5

Last edited:
Sorry for not getting back sooner but I ended up creating a windows installation disk on usb stick and using the command DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /Source: E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess. Thanks for the help!