RSLogix V32 Produced/Consumed Tag Issue

0151paul

Hi All,

I have a new 5 PLC system. Each has the same firmware revision. Each PLC has the same User Defined UDT for Safety Tags.

PLC1 reads from PLC2 & PLC4

PLC2 reads from PLC1 & PLC4

PLC3 reads from PLC4

PLC4 reads from PLC1, PLC2, PLC3 & PLC5

PLC5 reads from PLC4

I have an issue with one connection, the connection PLC4 makes to PLC1 (PLC2 has no issue connecting to the same Tag in PLC1). All other connections in all the PLCs are working fine.

The error I get is - Code 16#0100 Module is in use

Now I have checked the number of consumers, RPIs, Tag names, UDT, SNNs are correct. I've exported the modules and tags from PLC2 (working connection) into PLC4 and renamed to suit in case there was something I missed but I cant get this one connection to work.

If I change the Tag in PLC1 & PLC4 from the safety class to standard class the connection works but when its a safety class I get the error above.

I've recreated the problem with a new Tag that is only consumed by PLC4 but the same issue occurs when its a safety class tag.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks, Id already seen that thread and started a new one as it didn't really cover the issue I was having.

After trying everything I could think of I re-flashed the PLC (PLC1) and then redownload the program and everything worked ;)