RSLogix5 autosave

bsprowls

I am confused about how to keep my program current in RSLogix 5. When I open it up, it has my original program, Pqsilica.RSP and a whole bunch of files like PQ-UTICA-2006-05-28-B.RSP, and PQ-UTICA-2006-05-27-B.RSP. But when I open my original program it is not up to date. How do I make my original program current, keep it current, have it agree with what is in the PLC and not loose any comments or descriptions?

There is an autosave feature in which you can configure how the file name is automatically created. Separately, there are preferences to choose the save path and open file paths too.

My guess is that you are opening the file from a location different from the save location. Or, there is the possibility you are working with a classic PLC5 that doesn't use the checksum feature and you are creating a new file every time you go online.