Rslogix5000 Firmware revision

Use the "ControlFLASH" utility... (I'm using version 6.00.06 as I type this)

First, back up your program, or print it out.
Launch ControlFLASH, select your processor and firmware versions.
Execute. (Pretty sure your loaded program will be wiped out).
Re-enter the program, (yeah, I know it's a big pain in the ***...)
Download your finished work...

~Tom

Aside from this is a 4 month old thread, how is that a workaround? The original posters problem, is that he didn't have the version of Logix required to get online with the PLC. Just how is he going to back up the program? Or print it out?

Yes, Flashing the processor will completely wipe it out, so that won't help.

Better advice, if Rockwell Tech won't help, would be for the original poster to contact his local Rockwell distributor, and get some help there, or even the OEM.

Downgrading Compactlogix Firmware

Good Morning Folks!

I would like to know if anyone could share the technical note on how to downgrade the firmware on a compactlogix. I saw one guy talking about it on Reddit. He posted a link to the technical note, but you have to have a Rockwell Customer Support contract to access those.

So if by any chance any of you have it, it would be great to know the details.

Regards