RSLogix5000 v17.01 Error Code 8511-80042A06

seekthecookie

When I try to down load to a safety PLC (62S) I get an error code: 8511-80042A06 which states that Module Profile Could Not Be Loaded. The Profile may not be installed or there is no profile support for this module's revision.

I've uninstalled all versions of RSLogix and deleted the ModuleDirectory.xml and .dll files. I reinstalled the v17.01 and it still does not work.

HELP!

When I try to down load to a safety PLC (62S) I get an error code: 8511-80042A06 which states that Module Profile Could Not Be Loaded. The Profile may not be installed or there is no profile support for this module's revision.

I've uninstalled all versions of RSLogix and deleted the ModuleDirectory.xml and .dll files. I reinstalled the v17.01 and it still does not work.

HELP!

The AB Knowledgebase suggests a Registry Cleaner may have damaged important Registry Keys. If you can reverse the Registry changes, it may fix the problem. Otherwise, it recommends a COMPLETE uninstall, and reinstall. KB 37828.

One other possiblility is that it does not have a Profile for that unit as suggested in the Error Message. KB 35686.

Stu.....

P.S. Welcome to the Forum!

Last edited:
The AB Knowledgebase suggests a Registry Cleaner may have damaged important Registry Keys. If you can reverse the Registry changes, it may fix the problem. Otherwise, it recommends a COMPLETE uninstall, and reinstall. KB 37828.

One other possiblility is that it does not have a Profile for that unit as suggested in the Error Message. KB 35686.

Stu.....

Good information Stu! This same scenario happened to me last year and based on information I found in the KB I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the software.

That fixed my problem. Painful, but it worked.

Good information Stu! This same scenario happened to me last year and based on information I found in the KB I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the software.

That fixed my problem. Painful, but it worked.

Thanks JCR. I don't have any personal experience with this problem, but I hope the information will help him out.

Stu....

Thanks guys for the tips. I didn't use a Registry Cleaner and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software 4x. Nothing has seemed to help. I've also gone to the RA
http://support.rockwellautomation.com/controlflash/LogixProfiler.asp
to download the profiles for the safety I/O and ethernet cards. Didn't work. I've called tech support numerous times and they have suggested to uninstall and reinstall and also to try version 17.01.02 (I have version 17.01.00). I'm still waiting on our IT people to send me that version. Until, I'm still not unable to download or view any of the I/O in the tree associated with the safety stuff.