RSView 32 to MS Access Data logging using ODBC

yusuf.mavin

Hi All,
I am trying to setup a new data log model in RSview 32 with storage as ODBC and assigning the microsoft access driver. I created a new microsoft access database. Tagtable,FloatTable,StringTable are also created successfully, I also added the tags whose data is to be logged, however when i open the access file i find empty tables and no data imported into it. Guys can anyone please give a detailed procedure of what else to do or what's exactly going wrong??

And sorry for the grammar.:confused:

I also added the tags whose data is to be logged, however when i open the access file i find empty tables and no data imported into it.
It sounds like your Microsoft Access file will be an external data log, not the normal RSView Data Log file that is saved internally by the RSview Datalog Setup screen.

To handle external data log files, I have successfully used the the RSView "Logic and Control, Events" menu to set up a time Event expression (every 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour, or whatever needed). To write data to an external file, you need an expression in the Events file as shown in the attached example.

RSView32 Events to Write External Data Log.jpg