RsView ME 4.0 password

griso007

Hi.
I have a big problem.
I have 2 application builded about 5 years ago with RsView ME 4.0 and installed on 2 PVP 1000.
Now I must made some changes on the PVP
I can't install RsView ME 4.0 becouse the original CD is broken.
I have on my laptop Factorytalk 6.0
When I try to restore the application backup (.APA files) I don't have any problem but The system required a login. I don't remember the username and the password the I had on the old laptop. Can I bypass this big problem?
All the CD / DVD are original and the application for PVP 1000 and PLC are mine.
Please Help me.

I don't know.
I think application password becouse I don't have any password in Factorytalk
The login is required at the and of the restore.

I'm sorry but I'm a newbee in AB plc. :)

Is the app currently running on the terminal?

I'm just wondering, I've only worked with FTView 5.0 and higher, but could you just restore the existing .MER file back into the 6.0 studio?

Then again, you would probably still need the password to go that route. I'm not sure, none of the programs in my plant have development passwords, just runtime user logins, etc.

Hi.
The application is running on the PVP 1000, but I don't have a PVP 1000.
the application is installed in a control panel at a customer in another city.

I work in a company to develope sw for PLC. This is a my old application and I have only the .apa format (RsView 4.0 backup format)

I can restore the application (project) with FT 6, but at the end the develop pc ask me to login.

I don't remember, but maybe the old RsView 4 was a complete version, not only the ME version.

Last edited:
Post the application?
The size is 1,3 MB but it is in the office and me no. I can post it tomorrow morning at 09.00 GMT or I can sand to you an e-mail

Last edited:
Solved.
I don't know why, but tomorrow morning all is ok.
The old .apa is restored in Factorytalk 6. All the pages are ok and all the old password are deleted.
Very good.

Thanks to all.