RSView ME App Manager issue

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All, I am using RSView ME. I had a lot of files stacking up so I figured I would get rid of duplicates, examples, and old files. I used the Application Manager to delete the file. BizBikes, I believe that's the name of the example program it came with. After that I couldn't open RSView Studio anymore. I uninstalled it all and now when trying to install factory talk it gives me (ERROR 1305 Error reading from c:/Program Files/Common Files/Rockwell/FTAdmin.exe Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.) The file is there but says it is being accessed by another program when I try running it. Does anyone know what is going on or a way around it to avoid from Formating My comp???

Thanks,
-Joel

I saw something similar in RSView Studio v4, where it considered the Sample Files to be part of the Studio installation and if you removed them with the Application Manager, it decided that Studio couldn't run. Reinstalling Studio got it running again.

Don't panic. Make sure you do a full uninstall of RSView Studio, RSLinx Enterprise, and the "FactoryTalk Automation Platform" before trying again.

Error 1305 is a common Windows installation error and you might need some help from RA Tech Support to clean up any registry problems.

I do know that this sample file problem was repaired in RSView Studio v5.

I did the same thing. When I would open RSView after removing one of the sample apps, it would then act like it was trying to reinstall. All I had to do was pop the CD in again and it would just reinstall the app that I removed. I didn't have to remove RSView.

It is pretty annoying though because I don't like having those apps on my hard drive. I just gave in and left them there.