RSview Question

Dawen35

Hi All,

I have set up a status tag for part of my mimic but now I want to use several numbers out of it to make a valve be visible. I did try to write an expression for it but cant seem to get it to work. I am hoping I am having a blonde moment or if it cant be done this way is there any other way.

thanks in advance

Dawen.

The expression I wrote on the visible tab was:

if {tag} ==1 or {tag} ==5

Please excuse my stupidity if I have missed some thing simple :confused:

I don't have Rsview handy, but the usual format for an if statement involves a bit more than that.

If condition then result else otherresult

Thanks for the reply Dravik, I know that when I have used the if statement in the past then it usually has an else with it but I wasn't sure what to put on a visibility tag. I know I can have more than one tag for the visible but totally confused when it comes to using several bits out of the same tag.

Maybe I shouldn't have been clever at the start and used basic digital tags for statuses instead of analogues

Thank you Dravik, I have managed to get it working all be it a bit messy. I have used:

(tag_1 == 1) or (tag_1 == 5)

This seems to work so I will run with that as I have to have the page ready for commissioning in the morning. Next time I will take the time at the start to write individual tags instead of lumping them all together.

Thanks again

Dawen