rsview se 4 v.b change sub

phinix

hi 2 all

perhaps some body can explain me way ,when i put a
"private sub NumericInputXX_change " in my code it's content runs each time the window lods???

in plain v.b or v.b.a it loads , and only then waits for a chang in the numericInput ,

is ther any thing 2 do abut it??

phinix

No i Can't

no i cant ,there r 50 of them ,waiting for a chang to connect to a sql server and insert a line to the db .

Wellllll.... uhhh, if it's waiting on a change in data, to trigger a write to SQL, why would you want it disabled? Sounds like it's doing just what it's suppossed to.

Generally, I put those types of triggers in a hidden, always open window that launches on startup.

For any tag configured like that, if you have, or are every going to have, clients connecting, you absolutely must make the VBA code exclusionary to a single computer!!!

The simplest way, is to get the computer name on startup, and then in those functions, check to see if that computer should actually do the SQL write, or just return from the function.