RSView SE Expression Help

Jsu0234m

I need help understanding what this expression is doing. specifically the (&8192) portion. This is in a visibility animation on a label in RSView SE.

I understand it up until ({#4\ConfigWord} & 8192) but I don't use bitwise operators enough to understand what its doing.

Can anyone help me understand this?

ParmType is a Integer (0-INT, 1-BOOL, 2-REAL, 3-STRING, 4-LIST)

ConfigWord is a Integer

ParmTyp is currently 2 and ConfigWord is 21634 and the label is NOT Visible

if ({#4\ParmType}==2) AND ({#4\ConfigWord} & 8192) then
else

The value 8192 in binary is equivalent to having only bit 14 set. So in your visibility expression ({#\ParmType}==2 AND ({#4\ConfigWord} & 8192) If the config word has bit 14 set AND ParmType==2 the expression will be true "1"

8192 is bitwise AND of the 13th bit. So it is just checking the 13th bit.
13th bit if you start your bit count at zero. 14th bit if you start your count at 1.

Last edited: