RSView Studio ME Trends

alotgreen

ahoj to all,

I am working with RSView Studio ME for the (really RSView period) for the first time. Anywho, I am trying to create an XY Trend. It says right in the manual (and the help file) that doing so will allow you to plot any value vs. any other value.
"GREAT! Manual/help file how do you do that?" -me
"I cant tell you that tell you that, but here's a picture of what it will look like." -manual

Yeah, the help file is useless, anyway, does anyone know how to set it up. I have already selected the XY Plot, set up the X-pen to have the value i want. I have tried it with both scrolling on and off, and have the update time set to one second and the "total time" (or lenght of the x-axis) set to 24 seconds. However I can not get any sort of response when I change my 'x-value' no scrolling nothing. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a million,
a lot green

Try changing the plot style from XY Plot to standard. It looks like you are using time on the x axis which would be a standard plot. The XY Plot is normally for something other than a time variable on the x axis.

My graph is pressure v distance (distance being the x-axis, time is not a factor)...what i was talking about with the time i got from the help file (and i quote):

"The time span controls the number of data points displayed. For example, if the time span is 20 seconds and the interval is 1 second, the chart displays up to 20 points..."

That is why I "have the update time set to one second and the 'total time' (or lenght of the x-axis) set to 24 seconds."