RSVIEW Studio SE Alarming

astone4buyers

Has anyone done any conditional programming with RSVIEW Studio alarming such that if alarms existed, and were unacknowledged, a particular bit would only be set if that particular alarm were of a high enough severity?

I know this sounds logical and simple, but I can't seem to find a method to this madness through utilization of the propriatary software. I am essentially trying to dial out with an autodialer using an RSVIEW trigger IFF the above conditions are met. The HMI will trigger a bit in a Controllogix 5000 PLC which triggers the autodialer after a predetermined TON sequence.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited:
Sorry to dredge up old and forgotten posts, but I am looking at this same thing. We have a lot of alarms, and our operators like to ignore them (such as a low level in a tank that warns them prior to a low low level that shuts them down)

Looking at some signal from RSView that says there are unacknowledged alarms. I know it can be done PLC side, but I think we have some 400 alarms, and that would be a huge rewrite. Plus there is no real reset in PLC side or latch system.

Using RSView32 and a controllogix PLC (L62 CPU I believe)

OK, I finally figured it out. I found a really old post here somewhere:

system\AlarmSummaryItemsUnacked will be >0 if there are any unacknowledged alarms. I used that tag to flash a red/yellow border around my mini alarm list at the top. There are so many little 'carrots' like these I am just learning in RSView...So hope this helps someone out in the future