RSview to Factory talk View, old programs wont work

jarhead-mike

Hello PLC Masters. About 4 years ago, I wrote a program in RSview Studio, and downloaded it to a Panelview Plus 600. Since that time, I have upgraded to Factory Talk View 5.0. Now, when I try to adjust the program and download it to the same 4 year old panelview, the panelview will not accept the new program. Do I need a firmware upgrade on the panelview? This is my assumption. If so, where would I find the correct one? What hardware will I need to accomplish this?

Once I upgrade the firmware, I am sure that I will have to re-download the old program to the panelview.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to spend another thousand dollars for an AB service contract to get this question answered.

Thanks everyone. Great forum by the way!!!!

Try this.
When you create the run-time file, change the Save As drop down to Runtime 4.0 application.

If your terminal has the Runtime for V. 4 :)

Basically, the terminal needs the same runtime as you create with FTView Studio. As of FTView Studio (ME) you can create runtimes for older versions of panel firmware, but not all of them.

So, create the runtime for the proper panel firmware, OR upgrade the panel's firmware to a version of the runtime that you can create with Version 5 of FTView Studio.