RSView32 Active Display System

ashley

Can the RSView32 Active Display System be used only over an ethernet network or is it possible to use it over other AB networks like DH+, DH485, ControlNet... The manual only talks about ethernet, doesn't say anything about the other networks.

We have one server and one client separated by a distance of around 350 meters. What is the correct way of connecting these two and what is the type of cable, etc. that I will need.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ashley,

The concept with RAD is that the server talks to the PLC(s) and the clients talk to the server. The point of the exercise is to have a single database and to reduce the purchase price. Not much point in having only one client unless you have expansion plans. The server talks to the PLC(s) via DH+ or DH485 or maybe even some non-AB protocol (whatever RSLinx can support) but the client talks to the server on a LAN - probably ethernet as that is most common but there may be other possibilities (token-ring, arcnet). Probably depends on being able to support TCP/IP.